From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:27:41 MDT
Emily,

>Hi.   Could anyone please tell me what is this
>about the Eades and their connection to/with
>paleonutritions and promotion of  "NeanderThin" ?

Michael R. Eades, MD met with Ray Audette several years ago and wrote
the
foreward to his book, "Neanderthin".  Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades'
first
book is "Protein Power", their second book "Protein Power Lifeplan".
The
first book touched on the diet of early humans; the second diet goes
into
far greater detail with the diet of early humans the foundation of
their
dietary prototypes.  The book outlines three levels of commitment; one
with
relatively minor changes (Hedonist), the second relatively close to
the
paleo diet (Dilletante) and the third paleo pure and simple (Purist).

What some on this list may not like about the Eades is the fact that
they
don't demand everyone go full blast.  They are realistic.  They have
also
seen major health improvements in patients only willing to make
moderate
changes in their diets.  They plainly admit you're best off to live
the
Purist (read paleo) principals but they also know some people just
won't do
it.  To each their own.

>I was informed that soy (specifically, soy protein
>isolate) is the main ingredient (in thier drink).   But
>"NeanderThin" is anti-legume, which i assume means
>anti-soy...

In all honesty, I have no knowledge of this drink.  We're promoting
their
expertise and their latest book, not their products.  This is not to
say we
won't later, but it's not even a blip on our radar screen at this
point.

FYI, Mike and Mary Dan are close associates of Dr. Loren Cordain, the
Colorado State University researcher who is arguably the world's most
respected and esteemed scholar of paleolithic nutrition.  The Eades
are also
directly involved with CSU research projects on the benefits of the
early
human diet.  They're not just authors.  They are practicing physicians
involved in and putting into practice the latest research on
paleolithic
diet principals.  Atkins, Sears, et al can't say that.  With all due
respect
(and believe me, he's a hero of mine), Ray Audette can't say that,
either;
he's not an MD.  But he knows a hell of a lot more about good
nutrition than
99.9% of all American doctors.  That applies to most if not all of the
people on this list, too.  It's sad, indeed, what doctors 'know' about
nutrition.

If you have any more questions, Emily, feel free to contact me
privately.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO
(Account Manager,
Avrin Public Relations Group
Representing Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades)