From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:02:41 -0700
At 11:38 AM 3/29/01 -0500, Todd Moody wrote:
>I am not so sure that it is rare for cholesterol levels to
>increase on this kind of diet, as mine did.  I am a regular
>reader of the posts at http://eatprotein.com and my impression is
>that it is fairly common for a meat-rich diet to cause a
>substantial and stable increase in LDL cholesterol.  There is
>much to discuss about what is healthy or unhealthy about various
>cholesterol readings and ratios (and the Eades do a good job with
>that in PPLP), but I think it's hardly rare to see large LDL
>increases on this kind of a diet.

I'm still slogging my way through the archives when I have time, so if
you've already answered this, my apologies...  but the Eades talked about
two types of LDL--a more dense and a "fluffy" type--was your increase
significant in the "fluffy LDL" or was that something that's hard to get
tested?  Since you've had an ongoing struggle with that, I was curious to
know if that applied to you...

Dianne
who's glad she's always had high HDL, not LDL!