From:
Kendra and Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:51:10 -0600
We use a hand mixer and it works great.  Start by putting the egg in the bowl
with a little salt.  Add oil slowly, but do not take all day ;-}  It is pretty
easy to make and if it is not getting thick add some water.  It took us some
trial an error and after pouring a cup of oil in and the egg and oil being a
runny mess we were pretty upset.  I added some water and voila! it thickened up
like mayo.  My hand mixer had trouble even mixing it.

I started out using a fork once and boy what a work out.  It was really thick
but I wimped out around half a cup of oil and got the hand mixer out.  We also
use a Vitamix machine we have.  We use the Vitamix for everything.  It costs so
much that I mean we use it for everything.  Sometimes we do laundry in it (just
kidding?) and chop wood (just kidding?)  We definitely love it to powder beef
jerky for pemmican and also we add powdered beef jerky to orange juice,
scrambled eggs and other places we think it will add some flavor, protein, and
nutrients.

We also use the Vitamix for almond milk, nut milk, and nut flours.  Nut milks do
not even need to be strained.  I do not think I have ever used a cheesecloth for
anything.

If anyone is interested in an easy yummy quick breakfast idea, we take one whole
pear (quartered, cored and seeds removed), add 2 raw eggs, and a tablespoon of
olive oil.  Blend until smooth and then add some ice and blend until cold and
smooth.  It is very yummy and satisfying.

Kendra and Karen
NeanderTwins