Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 21:33:29 -0800
this is a diet for candida and diabetes. it goes against some paleo concepts. i am trying to understand why some people would say this is the way to go while others say you can eat some of these things to deal with diabetes and candida.

  No Red Meat or Pork - No Eggs - No Tomatoes or Tomatoe sauces - No Vinegar - No Sugar or Sugar products - No Melons - No White Flour products - No store bought Salad Dressings - you are allowed one fruit per day but I suggest just one fruit every other day - Drink only spring water for your beverage because all other beverages are acid forming - Take one tabletspoon of Carlson's lermon flavored fish oil before going to bed and again when you first get out of bed

Tina Kimmel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  At 11:40 AM -0800 12/6/06, Carrie Coineandubh wrote:
>>Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 04:47:09 -0800
>>From: DS
>>Subject: paleo diet for diabetics
>>
>> i am not diabetic but i am curious how the paleo diet needs to be
>>tailored to diabetics?
>> can you keep red meat? fruits?
>
>*** A Paleo diet is perfect for diabetics. The modern sugary fruits
>one finds in grocery stores aren't ideal, but still better than some
>of the recommendations given by my diabetic husband's nutritionist.
>I almost chewed my tongue off during that consultation.
>
>--Carrie

carrie,

i would be curious to hear just what this nutritionist said.

i used to do computer work for a state health department diabetes
program. i was dumbfounded by the "nutritional" advice they gave out.
i don't have diabetes, but because i was eating a mostly raw, fairly
low-carb diet (just for the increased energy etc), i was eating a
small fraction of the diabetogenic, high-glycemic-index foods that
these poor folks were being told to eat! i was horrified. eg they
actually distributed a pamphlet written for people with diabetes
called "Sugar is not the enemy".

i concluded that they were, consciously or unconsciously, actually
pushing the expensive diabetes DRUGS.

tina