Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 09:34:35 +1000
For the last 2 weeks I have significantly increased the raw food content of
my paleo diet with more salad vegies - mainly lettuce and experimenting
with raw meats - tuna, salmon, minced beef - also cutting out fruit mostly
- only having about twice a week and cutting out nuts, so therefore the
diet has become more low carb I suppose.  Anyway, after not being able to
budge the weight for several months, I have now lost 7 lbs!  I have been
also exercising more, so that could be also part of it.  I feel much better
with this current diet regime.

Typically it goes something like:

Breakfast:
Raw salmon soaked in lemon juice over night or raw tuna
As much lettuce as I feel like
or a vegie juice

Lunch:
Raw mince beef
Salad vegies - tomatoes, celery, avocado
(I blended them up in the blender with a little garlic - yum!)

Dinner:
Cooked vegies (low carb) and a cooked piece of meat - lamb or steak.
Head of lettuce

In between I sometimes have a vegie juice - mostly green juice (outside
lettuce leaves) 1 stick carrot and 1 small tomato.

I also munch on lettuce when I am hungry - I love the crunchy, clean taste.

I find that avoiding the fruit keeps me away from overeating.  As soon as I
eat too much fruit/carbs I can notice my cravings for more food happen.   I
can also relate to the recent posts about too much protein in one sitting
causing food cravings.

Oh yes, as I suspected that the large amounts of bacon and eggs I was
eating was the cause of my last painful period, I have cut out all bacon
this month and hardly had any eggs either - Will let you know how this has
all had an effect on my period - due in a week.

Regards,
Larelle