Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:50:56 -0800
I'd like to point out two very interesting articles on weight gain and
loss:

The first talks about leptin and its correspondence to immunity--

http://www.sciam.com/1998/1298issue/1298scicit3.html

The second is a good overview of essentially diet heresy... it talks
about why some people may not lose on low-cal diets... while I won't
agree wholesale with everything stated, this is one of the best
general discussions I've seen on the topic of 'Hey, I'm dieting, how
come I'm not losing'--

http://www.sciam.com/0896issue/0896gibbs.html

From a Paleo perspective, it's interesting to note the comments in the
latter article about how drastic location differences according to
studies seem to influence weight. Thoughts on that one would be
interesting to hear.

--Donna