From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 07:30:45 -0500
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Erik Hill wrote:

> > Butt shaped - which before we became bipedal WAS the target.  Animals -
> > including humans before they became civilized and decided to talk during
> > sex - use rear entry almost exclusively.  BUTTS were the target, so
> > BUTT-shaped would be the visual trigger.
>
> human breasts simply don't resemble butts.  They just don't look like a
> butt!  And since humans seem to prefer "vv" sex (ventral-vetral, if I
> remember correctly, meaning front-to-front) it makes no sense why we
> would be interested especially in butts.

The butt-simulation theory states that v-v sex had an adaptive
advantage, because it favors monogamy (i.e., it's less anonymous
because you can see who you're with).  On this theory, however,
our primate ancestors still routinely engaged in d-v
(dorsal-ventral) sex, like other primates.  The woman's breasts
favored the transition to v-v by making her ventral side more
interesting to men.  This, at least, is what I remember from
Desmond Morris.  I'm not sure I believe it, but that's the
theory.

Todd Moody