From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 00:05:41 -0600
Justin Hasselman wrote:

>  Or do u think that he should
>continue to eat paleo even though his body is telling him not to?

  When I started this diet, years ago, I had the runs for two years from it.
It takes two weeks to get over withdraw from grains, for most people. Like
dope, the more you do, the harder to kick. Some middle eastern peoples, over
thousands of years, are better suited to eating grains, but the negative
effects still, way out weigh, any positive. BTW, folks on my mom's side of
the family have a history of living to 100+. To me, it's not how long you
live, it's what you die from. I've learned a lot from the handful of
"Experts" on this list. There are also a few "Wannabe Experts", who keep the
"Experts" on their toes. I have a lot of respect for any newbe's who can
tell the difference. We have a majority of folks here who have done this
diet for around a year. Me, I was high protein, low carbing in '70 with
Atkin's and started eating Paleo around the same time as Ray. What is Paleo
you say? It's being able to eat any thing from ants to elephants, and
knowing which plants are edible. Paleo is having a variety of 200+ food
items to eat in a year, as compared to 20 or less items, most people eat in
a year, these days. I figure most people on this list, will figure out what
Paleo is, by common sense, and intelligence. We are just starting, and we
have a lot to learn.