From:
Alex Shvartsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:08:35 EDT
Eva,

Thanks for the well thought out response.  You have excellent points.

Unfortunately some thinks are not practical in today's society.  Have you
ever breast fed a baby 3-4 times an hour all day long?  As is my baby eats on
demand which is pretty often (not the "recommended" 3-4 hours) wearing the baby
around all the time is just not practical.  I would not go as far as to pre
chew food. As for starting with meats, you are probably right.  Our pediatrician
advised us to start rice cereal at 4 months, so fruits and veggies is a good
compromise. I'm thinking of starting chicken at 6 months. Thanks for the
warning regarding peppers.  I understand spinach is another food to avoid for a
while due to the oxalic acid (sp?) which binds calcium.

I wonder when a safe "Time" is to introduce these foods?

Thanks for the input,

Paleo-dad, Alex