Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:39:15 -0800
> You don't really believe that there is crap lining our colon
> walls. The purpose of the colon is to remove excess water. It wouldn't work
> if the walls were lined with crap.

I'm neutral on this as I am on anything.  I try to stand back and look
at what I can get of the total picture.  Those who do colonics say that
morbidly old, reeking rubbery stuff sometimes comes out.  There are
pictures of it in books and supposedly on the Internet.  I had a colonic
once.  It wasn't a disagreeable experience.  At the time I didn't know
enough to be interested in what came out.  I had an enema once when I
was about to deliver my first child.  I was really backlogged from the
iron pills, etc., and so I think it was a good thing.

Some people claim that the colon has excessive mucous in it and that
this hardens up.  I just want to know where things are truthfully at and
am not especially interested in hosing myself out.  I'm never
particularly interested in things that cost inordinate amounts of money
anyway.  I'd like to interview a gastroenterologist that has had a lot
of experience cutting open the intestines and see what is generally
found to be the status.  Mary J.