From:
Jim Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:10:04 +1030
"Lynnet Bannion [log in to unmask] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" wrote:

> Coconut oil is excellent for frying, such as stir-frying, because it does not break down in the
> heat as olive oil would.  I no longer do any deep-fat frying, but I use coconut oil for panfrying
> and stirfrying.  The medium-chain fatty acids are said to be very healthy.

Are coconut oil and coconut milk the same thing?

I have seen coconut milk on the supermarket shelves, but never coconut
oil. (Although, I do have a talent for not seeing what is directly in
front of me.)  :)

Does the heat of frying do nasty things to the fatty acids?
Is animal fat okay for frying?

Jim Walsh.