Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:36:05 +0900
Adrienne Smith wrote:

> I have a friend who is getting interested in trying paleo after I lent her
> Neanderthin.  She is normal weight (maybe could drop 5-10 pounds at the very
> most) but is mainly interested in maximizing her health.  She has no health
> issues other than some minor off and on joint and muscular aches that her
> doctor cannot find the cause of.  She already eats lots of protein from meat,
> fish, etc. and although she doesn't eat much sugar, she currently eats a lot
> of brown rice and dairy.  So far, she has managed to stay off brown rice for
> the past 6 weeks but continues with dairy.

I had a lot of joint trouble for 20 years before starting
paleo. It was caused by overtraining injuries from running
in college. It took about 5 months for these to disappear
after I started paleo. For the last year I have been
completely pain free. I continue to use dairy products. The
big thing for me was grain, especially wheat. I still
occasionally eat rice without apparent ill effect, but I
don't eat much. The dairy does not in my case seem to be
related to joint pain.