Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:40:25 -0400
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> said:
 My best friend's sister has fibro and I wondered if paleo would help.
> You've already provided a one-word answer; any info on why?  I'll be sending
> her a copy of NeanderThin post haste!

Rachel's response:
Trans fat consumption as well as excess intakes of omega 6s and deficiency
of omega 3 fatty acids can cause inflammatory reactions in the body, among
other problems.  For overall health, as well as to reduce inflammatory
reactions in the body, one needs to cut out all margarine, shortening,
refined and generic vegetable oils, oils sold in clear bottles (which
oxidize due to exposure to light as well as through the high heat processing
they underog), commercial salad dressings, canola oil, and any product which
contains hydrogenated, partially hydrogenated oils.

It would be helpful for your friend to eat a lot of oily deep ocean fish and
to take cod liver oil daily if she is open to it.  If you want to know more
about dietary factors which influence pain and inflammation, e-mail me
privately.  I wrote an article for a couple of magazines on natural relief
from migraine headaches, a severe inflammatory reaction in the brain.

No matter what the health problem (disease), a health supportive, super
nutritious diet will help and certainly won't help.  Many foods people eat
and drink deplete and/or deprive the body of vital nutrients.  Putting in
food to which our organisms are suited can only help improve functioning.
The degree of improvement depends upon many variables.

Taking pride in the fact that you are nourishing your body is a great mental
booster and aid to healing, as is the consumption of raw materials your body
can use to repair, rebuild, and operate smoothly.

Rachel