From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 19:10:31 -0400
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:28:27 -0700 Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> Zoe,  I like to take the family to Home Town Buffet.  The hubby can eat
> his nasty carbs and I can eat all the roast beef and ham and fresh
> vegies

That's one of my favorite places!  It's not much on ambience, but it's a
great place to really be able to pick and choose (hunt and gather? :-)
your own meal and tailor it to your own needs without any fuss at all...
Nothing fancy, but lots of good, fresh-cooked foods, with plenty of
meats, and salad veggies to keep a lowcarber happy, and most of the
lowcarb stuff also reasonably paleo-correct.  The only glaring exception
to the mostly fresh food is the "fish." Unless you've never had fresh
fish, and wouldn't know the difference, it's best to just AVOID it...
(the fried is breaded, and the baked looks like it's cooked with either
butter or margarine, so neither would be paleo anyway).

The same company also operates restaurants under the "Old Country Buffet"
name (as I understand it, both feature the same menu).

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.