From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:23:15 -0400
On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:59:27 +0200, Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 20:30 1998-07-10 -0400, Don wrote:
>
>>How do explain the article that I point to on my Paleolithic Diet page
>>where they write about finding a cooking hearth in the UK that is 400,000
>>years old? My understanding is humans moved north 500,000 years ago.
>
>Yes they did, but they are not our ancestors. At least according to the
>"out of Africa" theory, wich I think holds best, and seems to get more
>and more support. Homo Sapiens have migrated in at least three waves,
>from something like 130 kya to 70 kya, I dont remember the "exact"
>numbers, and probably the latest of them were ancestors to us europeans.
Yes that's right, Don.
All of that successful ice-age
gatherers/hunters- they died out between 40000 and 33000BC.
Homo neanderthalensis - a kind of Schwarzenegger-style
human (1/3 stronger than us) didn't make it.
Something went wrong - we still don't know what...

And presently we have to assume that the cro magnon human
- anchestor of all humans - came about 40000BC to Europe
out of africa where he formed about 120k years back
out of what we don't know exactely.

That makes a long african savanne time and a relatively short
european ice-age (with much hunting and less plants).

cheers
Amadeus