From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:31:31 -0500
>>I used to eat a raw RAF diet and got sick from store bought pastured meat.
>>Store bought pastured meat is only safe cooked IMO.
>>I'd be very cautious about consuming grain fed meat raw and would not take
>>chance.
How much of an immune system do you believe you had against this type of
bacteria?  The reason I ask is that I grew up on a farm, played around
manure, got it on my hands, clothes, etc.  I remember throwing up a lot as a
kid, but once I hit age 10 or so, I seem to never have gotten food
poisoning.

I think I read somewhere how most bacteria colonization on meat happens on
the surface.  That's why ground meat is bad--all surface area.  So for other
types of meat, no matter if grain or whatever-fed, wouldn't searing the
surface suffice?
Michelle