From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:49:59 -0500
Kristina > I eat about 25 oz of protein (sometimes more) per day so if my calculation is correct, that is roughly 150 grams. I am a 39 year old female and according to the latest test I have 18% body fat.  The thought of eating less protein makes me cringe because I love the stuff. I have not tried cutting back and increasing my fat intake to see if I can get more lean but I might.

25 oz of protein equals about 625 grams.  (There are about 25 grams per ounce).  So according to Rosedale you're consuming about ten times the amount of protein you should.  You're converting that excess protein to glucose which is elevating your insulin and making you store the energy as fat.  To say nothing of what the excess protein might be doing to your kidneys.