From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:31:09 +0100
At 11:28 1999-11-15 -0600, Michael wrote:
>Then they may be able to find an average paleo way to eat, instead
>of arguing about which group ate best.

The question is not about either average or best, but about what kind
of food was available and eaten by our _ancestors_ where they lived
during the periods critical for the evolution of human metabolism.
The diet of other hunter gatherers of today or yesterday can only serve
as examples, but do probably all deviate from the ideal "palecorrect"
diet, which we will neither be able to have, or even know exactly, but
what we can find out about it should be a guide for us.
The "best" diet is probably something else which we will never know
enough about to know it is really the best.

- Hans