Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:00:38 -0700
ginny wilken wrote:
> I've heard many times that obese women have more signs of
> overproduction of estrogen, i.e., difficult periods, lots of PMS,
> endometriosis, cysts, etc. I think this is not cause and effect as much as
> a general lack of metabolic health, loused-up pancreatic function, etc.,
> which causes all the above.
> All stunts performed without a net!

You know, a friend gave me Dr. Lee's book year ago, and maybe I should
read it!  But I know he is anti-estrogen, and in the meantime I have
doctors who say you should start replacing estrogen at the first hot
flash to stave off heart disease and the ravages of aging!  But the
comment about cysts caught my attention.  I have recently been
diagnosed
with a cyst on my thyroid gland.  In addition, I have for years had a
number of lumps my doctors say are cysts that are between my breast
and
armpit which can be quite uncomfortable from time to time.  So I can't
help but wonder where all these cysts come from!

And another question ... how about hormones in the meat we eat,
especially when we eat a lot of it.  I would love to be able to go to
alternative sources for meat, but I simply cannot afford it, so what
am
I getting in what I buy at the grocery store?

Thanks.
Sharon