From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:09:49 -0700
On Thursday, Jun 16, 2005, at 09:15 US/Pacific, Rhandi Wolf wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I'm sitting at the computer, petting my raw fed dog Shadoh, thankful
> that
> feeding him a species appropriate diet has woken me up to feeding
> myself
> the same way (the Paleo, Neanderthin way). And grateful to find that
> there
> are other people in the world who believe and do the same.
> ....I've partially read "Neanderthin" and "The Paleo Diet," so I'm not
> entirely ready to jump in with both feet. My leanings, so far, are to
> eat
> intuitively, with not so much emphasis on menus or strict recipes -
> and -
> I'm willing to try new ways to do meals, too. Anyone have any
> suggestions
> or want to share how they got started? And what helps to keep going
> when
> doing this diet, WOL all by yourelf?

Hi, Rhandi! Tomo made me do it! I saw how well he did on
species-appropriate foods, and started searching for an acceptable
premise - which primitive agrarian and vegetarian was certainly not -
for a prototypical human version.

I think Ray's guidelines are pretty good for a start, or even the
Eades. But you'll need to get over some hurdles about fats and
cholesterol  - we're all badly brainwashed on these issues, and even
the authors bow to public opinion a bit.

Personally, I find it no problem eating out, although apparently my
diet, along with my other views on health, are a deal-breaker in
relationships. I have a lot of guys who don't stick around after I get
passionate about food:) Anyway, in restaurants I do salads, fish or
meat and vegetables, and skip desserts.

At home, meals resemble meals less all the time; I find myself just
grabbing a few bites of cold meat, or cooking a bunch for leftovers and
then just eating a bit of it for dinner too. I do meat and vegetables,
like a big salad, or stir-fried greens, with a piece of fruit for
dessert, but I can easily skip a course or a meal, too, and just snack.
I'm pretty restrictive, and you may not need or wish to be, in the
beginning at least. And I eat a lot raw, which also probably takes some
practice. But no matter how you do it, you'll be way ahead cutting out
all the processed junk and most starchy things. You've got forever to
refine your plan, and shouldn't be too hard on yourself at all - this
is definitely a lifestyle thing and not a temporary diet.

Anyway, nice to see you here, and please ask anything.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!