From:
MichaelAnthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 08:32:32 -0400

From: "Amadeus Schmidt":
 > I also wonderered about that. If you have "enough" stored fat to satisfy
> your body's energy requirements it should be possible to eat only a
> moderate amount of pure protein (RDA should be enough - 55g). Plus a
> source of all the vitamins and minerals. plus a source of the essential
> carbs (500kcal carb or half of it when in ketosis).
> Then the other 1000-2000 kcal could come from stored fat, wouldn't that
> be possible?
> Why eat additional fat if you have body fat you'd want to use?

That sounds good in theory. Why eat fat when you have so much on your body.
When I lost 145 pounds on the Paleolithic diet I had to eat fat through the
whole thing. My diet consisted of about 50% fat. In the beginning eating fat
( lots of calories) encouraged my body to produce the enzymes necessary to
use fat for energy. Once I was used to getting energy from fat I cut my
calorie intake to 1200 and increased my vegetables. The body fat came off at
10 lbs per month.

I have managed to keep the 145 lbs off for a year now eating a mostly paleo
diet. I do allow decaf coffee, a small amount of white potato, and cheese
now. I also eat beans once in a while. Principally I stay away from grains
and processed foods.

Michael