From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:23:01 -0500
lara wrote:

> hi hi hi
> My name is Lara, I'm 25 years old, I have not read
> Neanderthin.  <snip> I was never able to last long on the
> meats and vegetables Candida diets, because I am a
> sugar addict and hate going through more than a day or
> two without fruit.  (The cravings aren't as bad though
> if I don't eat anything at all).  But I think I'm
> eating way too much sugar, <snip>

Welcome to the list, Lara!!

my observations:

1. there is paleo, and there is low carb paleo. Paleo is not necessarily low
car. After a few weeks of low carb paleo, I find my sugar cravings diminish
quite a bit.

2. that said, I have found it much easier to pursue a moderately low carb
paleo diet, so I eat one or two pieces of fruit per day, and the resulting
carbs make it easier for me to not "cheat". The rest of my family is not
paleo or low carb basically, so there are always things around that I
shouldn't eat. Making sure I don't just do the meat and low carb veggies
thing is the secret for me.

3. Nuts make my skin dry, I have come to realize. So I minimize the nuts
now.

--Richard