From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:23:22 -0600
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:14:47 -0600, Paula H. <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> For those of you who have read Lyly McDonald's book:
> Do you think eating that way, within a paleo framework, is healthier or
> simply a means to cut body fat which may or may not be healthier?
> Paula H.

Personally, I wouldn't want to eat a ketogenic diet (cyclical or not) for
long periods of time.  It's very hard to have any variety in your diet and
still maintain ketosis -- at least it was for me.  It seems that it would
be even harder if you were combining it with paleo, since you woulnd't be
including any dairy.  It's also pretty easy to overdo it on the "carb up"
days (though again, not as easy with paleo).  Whether it's healthier or
not, I don't know, though I do think it would make more sense to get your
nutrients spread out over time from a variety of foods, rather than trying
to fit everything into a day or two, then rely on proteins and fats for
the rest of the week.

--
   Robert Kesterson