From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:47:11 +0100
On Oct 27, 2004, at 11:00 pm, Michael Weis wrote:

> When I eat enough other kinds of fat, I don't feel the need to eat the
> butter and cheese. When I am craving fat the most is when I want
> cheese and butter. That's when I reach for some nice juicy chicken.
> Sometimes, I'll peel the entire skin off the chicken and eat that
> first before I eat any of the meat.
>
> Is that gross, or do others understand?
>
> Mike W.

I was going to make a similar sort of comment.  Cheese cravings can be
caused by the addictive nature of milk protein, but also by a lack of
fat in the diet.  I buy bacon joints from Tesco (back part of the thigh
apparently).  They consist of the meat running along the leg with the
skin and fat still wrapped round it.  I eat the fat and skin, and a
little of the leg muscle- but I throw most of the rest away.  I know if
I do eat it, I will be hungrier than when I started.  At first it
seemed strange (conditioning to eat lean meat), but now when I see meat
now my belly says "look at that juicy piece of fat".  I can't even
stand the sight of lean meat.  When I look at turkey, all I see if
off-cuts.

Ashley