From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 22:34:56 +0200
From: "Michelle Hale" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 8:58 PM
Subject: New Member Introduction

 dealing with acne (a problem I've had since age 11 with no success in any
treatments),  I am a carbohydrate addict.  In college, I basically lived on
cereal, rice, and pasta.

Hej Michelle and welcome!
If you are a carb addict you will probably have to stop eating at least
grain and all what is made of it and dairy products of all kind. All kinds
of seed should be considered not edible. Fruit, berries, vegetables, nuts,
meat, fish and water is good for you. More than 200 tribes of
hunter/fisher/gatherers where examined during the 20th century and one thing
was the same. They did not have pimples, not even in their teens and they
were all slim people. They got slimmer after 30, just the opposite from
western societies. That is easy to observe since it is so obvious. Harder to
realise is that they also did not know of stroke, diabetes, heart attacks or
myopia.

  My family tends to be long lived; however, there is a lot of arthritis
(both osteo & rheumatoid), digestive problems, acne, type 2 diabetes, and
myopia in my family. 2 first cousins (from out of 6) who developed juvinille
diabetes when they were 12 years old,

The people best accustomed to the Western diet are those from the Middle
East and East Africa because that is where agriculture begun about 10.000
years ago. After them come Europeans. Descendents of these people are better
off on Western diets than people who have been eating a non-agricultural
diet up till perhaps one or twohundred years (or even less). Black people,
people from the Islands of the Pacific, Melanesians, Polynesians,
Aborigenees, Inuiit, American Indians and many others are really badly
affected. On some islands in the Pacific more than 50% of young people have
diabetes 2, that is what we used to call "old age diabetes". Having this
condition also give some women problems with getting pregnant and other
problems that has to do with the reproduction organs.

And I have constant post-nasal drip that I've read the Paleo diet can solve.

Do you mean that you have something like a constant cold without the other
signs of a cold?

  So I've never learned the strategies necessary to get over cravings.  What
does everybody else here do to cope?  My cravings get especially bad within
the two weeks before my period, so women, can you help me out here on how
you deal with this?  Thanks!

One of the things is planning the meals so that this situation does not
arise. If you always know what to have for your next meal it's easier. Don't
fix carbofood for others - if they want it they can fix it themselves.
Concentrate on what you think is good food. Have a lot of something you like
that is acceptable. I have a stock of grapefruit and tomatoes. It's good to
have some meat or fish with it. Don't let food be the one big thing in your
life - do other things. Walk 10.000 steps a day. Drag your husband along.
Postpone eating for one hour. It often goes away then. Drink water.
Women put on a lot of water the two weeks before period so one way is to go
really easy on the salt - nothing in fact.
This is an investment for life but like all investments it is not completely
without effort. Think of yourself as a 50 year old woman and what you would
like to be.
A little luck is not bad so "Good luck"
Eva (in Sweden)