Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:37:31 -0800
Oh yeah, duh... how did they taste?  I guess I forgot the most important part of the story on a diet discussion group.

  Like absolutely nothing.  Like a mealy flour - no flavor really.   We did two versions of the cookies - one with flour and one with "worm flour" and asked our classmates to vote for which one they thought was the worm cookie.  Only the teacher got it right.  He said that was because the worm cookie had more moisture.  But I didn't think the worm version had more moisture.

  gale

Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:53 pm, Gale wrote:

> When I was in high school - all those years ago - I did a science
> project on possible human consumption of earth worms. Raised the
> worms, cleaned them (by putting into peat moss for 48 hours), boiled
> them, froze them, then ground them up into a "flour-like"
> substance. We made them into cookies. Definitely paleo. 65%
> protein by weight.

Did you eat the cookies yourself or did you generously offer them to
family and friends? :)

When I was about 10 I read a book for school called "The Boy Who Ate
Worms" or something. I think by the end he liked the taste of them.
Didn't convince me though...

It may have been based on a true story though...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h2jbWZm186k

I wonder if his mum can get him to finish his brocolli?

Ashley