From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:45:15 -0800
Hi Ro,
My wife characterizes my diet as "roots, shoots, and road kill". Since she
does the shopping perhaps I should feel some trepidation about that
description. Nonetheless, I have found that a big trap in the GF lifestyle,
especially for those who have an inclination toward diabetes, is the desire
to substitute foods that look, taste, and feel like gluten-derived foods. I
find, for myself, that it is better to forget about past treats and tune my
taste buds to a whole new world of eating that avoids grains, dairy, and
other Neolithic foods. I do, occasionally, surrender to my sweet cravings
but that really destroys my taste buds for the cool treats associated with
low carb delights and I have to go through another adjustment period when I
feel deprived for a few days.

What does WOE mean?

Best Wishes,
Ron

Ron Hoggan, Ed. D.
co-author Dangerous Grains ISBN: 978158333-129-3 www.dangerousgrains.com
author: Get the Iron Edge: a complete guide for meeting your iron needs
ISBN: 978-0-9736284-4-9 www.ironedge.info
author Smarten Up! ISBN: 978-0-9736284-3-2 www.smartenup.info
editor: Scott-Free Newsletter www.celiac.com

"Objectivity is the prerogative of objects."