From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:00:08 +0000
On Feb 20, 2008, at 6:57 am, L wrote:

> I have to admit to being clueless about breast cancer. My family
> cancer of preference is kidney cancer. I have always associated
> estrogen with breast cancer and had no idea that NL has such a high
> incidence of breast cancer. Do you think this is correlated to their
> high dairy consumption?

I'd heard about a correlation between dairy consumption and
osteoporosis but not breast cancer (I've heard it implicated but
that's all).

A quick google through this up:
http://www.vegsource.com/articles/bernard_milk_prostate_cancer.htm

Is this the male equivalent?

> I know their burgeoning increase in height has been associated with
> the growth hormones in dairy and always thought I was safe as I am
> short by dutch standards plus don't really consume much dairy at all
> in comparison to the SAD diet.

Hmm I wonder if this is the cause of my height?  I'm 6ft but based on
my frame I was clearly intended to be shorter.  I had loads of milk as
a child, my mum battled through milk allergy and managed somehow to
feed me the best part of a litre a day for most of my childhood, and
god knows how much if you count cheese too.  I always assumed that it
was due to her thryoid starting to fail when she was pregnant with
me.  Which, ironically, I suspect was indirectly due to a reaction to
milk in the first place.