From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:56:33 -0500
On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:47:08 EST, Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Look out your window.  If starting with your next meal, you had to find
>something on the otherside of that piece of glass to sustain you, what
>would
>your options be?
>
>For me, it would be deer, rabbit, wild turkey, grouse, mink,  woodchuck,
>beaver, squirrel, snake, wild raspberries, wild grapes, wild apples, wild
>elderberries, jerusalem artichokes, phragmites,  dandelion greens, mustard
>greens, poke, milkweed, hickory nuts, acorns,  black walnuts, lake trout,
>lake salmon, smelt, bass, pike.

Did you notice that you had to look "out of the window" to put this
question?
You are sitting in a heated and protected pretty neolithic house.

Such climates as western Europe and northen parts of America, which are
moderate and ideal considered today were hard to live in
paleo times.
As long as you don't have big enough stocks for the winter.

Do you know of a huntergathering tribe living there?
Depart from hibernating animals (bears) and maybe beavers animals are much
to lean to eat much of them. Further north (finland, alaska) they are fat
enough. And in winters other food is rare (stocks required).

This moderate region is the ideal climate for the neolithic culture.
Here grow a lot of plants which are *used to* seasons and therefore
build seeds and fruits to withstand the winter.
Ideal to build stocks from.
Like cereals.

happy Sylvester day

Amadeus