From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:44:47 -0800
Geoff,

I really detest that you refer to me as an idiot.  The world is not a perfect vacuum within which we can wish all domesticated ills away.  Before you judge a person for taking an iodine supplement, you'd better check first and ask if they had their thyroid radiated daily for 8 weeks in order to save their life from a highly malignant tumor that was fortunately snuffed out thanks to a medical doctor who accepted my diet, my unorthodox natural supplements, etc. and didn't leave me to die with two young kids at home because he had an ethical/lifestyle issue with whether he should or shouldn't......  .  If you want to argue that a true paleo woman would have bit the bullet and just died  from a curable illness in order to follow the Paleo Perfect Way, I invite you to explain that to my two sons, who would gut you quicker than the deer we eat on our table most of the time as  I have trained them well.

I have been a contributor to this list for almost 10 years, starting with the really nice note Ray sent me when my first husband died.  Most of the time, I can figure stuff out for myself.  I live on a farm, help gut animals,  grow all our veggies in season, heat by wood, yada yada yada.  But sometimes life doesn't go in a straight line, and we all need a little boost, whether it be moral support from kind and generous people on this list,  or a  natural supplement when things go awry, etc. Even if a person is doing everything, right, shit happens...... And yeah, this idiot did try using kelp, dulse, seaweed powders before posing my query to this forum because my TSH still wasn't coming back into line.  To quote  Dustin Hoffman  in Little Big Man - "sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't."

You owe