From:
Mary Craddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:41:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/00 8:31:15 AM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< varying your diet....   I don't think its healthy to
 eat the same thing day after day. We need a variety of vitamins and
minerals
 to maintain health and cooking destroys these.....  I think it was
 Jean-Claude who posted on denaturing of meat with cooking....  Eat
the meat
 rare and vary your proteins....  and above all, don't worry about
it....
 You are way ahead of the game just being off of the SAD way of
eating....
 Just my .2 worth...   Oliva >>

yes...varying my diet is what i intend to do....as the focus of my
diet has
been heavy on red meat. since i do not like rare meat...i will focus
on other
protein sources but still will include red meat (try to cook at lower
temps
to avoid carbon).
i agree that it is best not to worry about it...but to take action as
preventive measure...not action borne out  of hysteria as that kind of
stress
is probably more detrimental than eating lots of red meat.:)
more 2 cents...

maryc.