From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:06:40 -0700
 >...I had a computer analysis done of myself.  I was told I was lacking in
 >salt (sodium) and was told to start using sea salt on my food plus put a
 >pinch under my toungue once a day.

It's pretty obvious you needed it so feel no guilt.  No medical wisdom to
offer but I look at it this way:  The only time I eat food with added salt
is when I eat out, and even THEN I eat as close to au natural as possible.
So I feel little if any guilt for adding a touch of salt to say, a steamed
vegetable or something.  One size does not fit all and do what's best for
you.  If you're drinking a lot of water and then LOSING it (simple math
here), you're also losing sodium.  A lot of people starting a low-carb plan
lose potassium and, if memory serves, another micronutrient or two due to
frequent urination.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO