From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:09:27 -0800
>Now the important point here is that if we have the right to hope for  a
>future adaptation to the new proteins of wheat, corn or cow's milk,
Too late for me!

>it's adifferent story when we are talking about cooked food. Many new chemical
>species generated by the action of cooking, isomers for instance, differ too
>much from the natural molecules to expect our digestive enzymes to be active
>on them.

This is at least partly believable to me. But it is also believeable to
me that SOME  food/cooking method combinations are relatively benign in
effect, and have been around long enough to be adapted to.

>Furthermore, even if some of us are adapted in part to certain new
>foodstuff, it's impossible to tell for sure in advance...Jacques Laurin

...or, to put it another way, your mileage may vary (YMMV).

My point was simply that, based on the evidence that cooking practices of
various kinds may in fact be very ancient, the dogmatic stance that only
raw foods are acceptable seems to me to over state its case.  I'm not
advocating a blanket "all prepared foods are optimal for all people"
stance, either. Just expressing a personal difficulty with the orthodox
position.