From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:14:50 -0800
Ashley,

I got around to making the root dish you mentioned -
parsnips, carrots and cauliflower.  I cooked the roots
on the stove top with liberal amount of duck fat and a
little olive oil.  I ended up putting them in the
blender with some water and they came out with sort of
a mashed potato consistency. I enjoyed them but they
were too strong tasting for my wife and boys.  I also
have a 4 1/2 month old daughter.  The vegetable dish
was the first food (other than breast milk) that she
has ever tasted.  She really got excited once she
tasted them.  She kept wanting more.

Mike