Date:
Sun, 31 May 2009 10:36:46 -0400
Geoffrey Purcell wrote:

> Re plants in winter:- The claim that plants formed only a tiny
> proportion of the caloric intake throughout the year, would
> presumably not apply during summer.

More than a tiny amount of carbs makes sick.
the proposition that paleo man spent all summer being sick boggles the mind.

  Plus, Arctic tribes would
> routinely eat the fermented stomach-contents of animals they killed,
> which contained plant-matter(the herbivores, at least).

Modern hunter-gatherers in the Arctic don't all do this; smells of
desperate vegetarian propaganda.

  If one looks
> at hotter regions, then the carb-levels become much higher(eg:- the
> Kitavans  with their 69% carb diet).

Need agriculture to do this.

> Re ketogenic diets/epilepsy:- There are some unfortunate side-effects
> with ketogenic diets. Here's an example or two:-
>

> "Reported side effects include dehydration, constipation, and,
> sometimes, complications from kidney stones or gall stones.

In classical Greece, a famous man once said "Before you would speak with
me, let us define our terms", otherwise we end up doing "sound and fury,
signifying nothing" as W. Shakespeare so eloquently put it.
So what is "the" ketogenic diet? Obviously it is similar to "the" paleo
diet as defined by L. Cordain, in that it makes sick. Definition needed
so that we who eat raw zero carb can know what to avoid.

William