From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 09:52:01 -0700
Well, I decided yesterday to drop all dairy products and occasional
artificially sweetened desserts for a while. So now I am eating paleo. I
was almost there anyway, but continued to eat some cheese and I _love_
fresh cream, but eliminating them is really no big deal. I'll try this
for a while. Haven't had a grain or flour or bean or potato or sugar
particle (except incidental to cured meats) for months and months.

I have had bad asthma my entire life. When I started LC (ATkins), my
asthma basically went away after 1 month or so. I continued having
severe nasal allergies. I was down to taking one OTC anti-histimine per
day. Then I started taking large quantities of bee pollen and that
worked and I haven't been sneezing so much and I haven't taken
anti-histamines or any other meds. I do take vitamins and supplements. I
would have been in major trouble if I had dropped my meds before I
started LC eating.

But I still have some sneezing, not a lot but some, and I thought I'd go
whole hog and get rid of dairy and see what happens. I believe that
several on the paleo group mentioned this as a good idea to me, and I
thank you for it.

--Richard