Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:32:25 -0800
I do not personally know anyone who has died from the cholesterol
lowering meds, but my beloved significant other had a hell of a time
when he was prescibed lipitor. It may have contributed to nerve damage
in his arms/hands, which is a stated "side effect" of the
drug...needless to say he no longer takes it, but has instead been
trying a natural remedy called "red yeast rice" which is neither rice
nor red nor yeast (comes from china, go figure) and anecdotally thinks
it's helping him.
I'm working very hard on reducing my own dependence on asthma meds
(still have to take steroids, though I've cut back a bit)
Interesting how the asthma/diabetes/cardio-vascular/depression/digestive
problem drugs are the big sellers.
All these can be greatly relieved if not eliminated by diet, though
asthma is on the rise in the poorer areas due to the incredible amount
of pollution from petroleum products in the forms of air pollution,
ground water pollution from plastics gassing off, etc..
The powers who think they be just don't get it. Makes me mad that our
successive generations are reaping the whirlwind in the form or
childhood obesity/asthma...oh well