From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:00:56 -0500
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Ilya wrote:

> If you eat paleo
> foods (animal or plant in origin), but often cook it (thus deviating from
> a paleo way of eating) you may need to supplement to bring yourself to
just
> a sufficient level.

I agree with this caution.  It occurs to me that this may be
especially true of more modern cooking methods.  For example,
boiling, which is very ancient, cannot heat foods beyond 100
degrees Celsius. I don't know how hot buried-rock ovens get, but
I don't think it is all that hot.  I remember cooking things this
way in the Boy Scouts, and it took a long time for things to be
finished.  In contrast, modern appliances achieve much higher
temperatures, and this may increase nutrient damage.

Todd Moody