From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:23:39 -0800
Two questions:

1. Anyone know if these Bliss Bars are available in Canada/Toronto?  So
far, the only bars I've tried were the high protein non-paleo types,
and they were inedible.

2. What is GRAP?

I wanna say thank all of you who made the great office food
suggestions.  I've just started a new job working in a government
office and I've been similarly trying to come up with creative ways to
eat.  Todd, I will for sure try out your pesto chicken.

ALSO - for anyone that is in/near Toronto, I went to the Big Carrot (on
the Danforth) a week ago, and asked the butcher if they sell any
grassfed beef.  He said he could order it in, in any quantity, for me.
When I asked why they don't carry it regularly, he said that many
'health-conscious' consumers prefer grain-fed, because then they can be
reassured that whatever grain the animal ate is certified as organic.
They have less control over what the cow eats when it's out munching on
grass that could potentially be contaminated by chemicals or whatever.

>Rachel Maetsz once made the suggestion for Bliss Bars, esp. the
pumpkin
>ones, which are nearaly paleo (they contain amaranth, a "non-grain",
>which is not GRAP) You can get them at the Health Food Store.

=====
Cheyenne Loon
Quirks & Quarks
CBC Radio
Box 500, Station A
Toronto, Ontario  Canada M5W 1E6
Tel: (416) 205-2045  Fax: (416) 205-2372