From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:51:35 +1100
> > > This is a tougher one.  It is *possible*, I suppose,
> > > that if an
> > > animal is grain-fed, some of the grain protein is
> > > not fully
> > > digested,
> >
> > The presupposes that the animal's digestive system
> > would not properly handle the grain protein. Is there
> > evidence that this is so?
>
> Not that I am aware of.  I can't think of any reason why a
> ruminant animal such as a cow should have a problem with grain
> protein.
>
> Todd Moody
>
>   Some grain would not be a problem for a cow, but a steady diet of corn,
> may be a different story.
>      `

I think the increase in lean fat from 5 to 22% is ample evidence that their
systems cannot handle grain protein. They probably have little of it in
their tissues but the metabolic effect is the same as for humans- disaster!
and fat deposition.
Ben Balzer
"Alas, my gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety."
--Homer Simpson