From:
"tray.b" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:43:08 -0400
Actually Gatsby, I'd hazard a guess that he was.  His diet was very low carb
to begin with, primarily protein and fat.  I've no idea about ratios though.

Here's his menu from Day 4: (copied from his forum posts - and you can see I
was mistaken, it wasn't just meat and fat)

6 Tbs heavy cream

20 oz beef tenderloin, ever so close to being raw

4 Tbs butter

22 oz beef shortribs, rare as can be

3 slices provelone cheese (somewhat melted on the shortribs. Yum)

15 oz dry red wine

4052 calories

295g fat

10g carb

256g protein

41g alcohol

His results:

Weight 162 (he's 5'8")

I lost 2 pounds!!! (I was wrong.2lbs, not 1lb)

I averaged 4138 calories per day.

That's an extra 1300 calories per day

An extra 9300 calories for the week

I "should" have gained a llittle over 2.5 pounds.

The average breakdown of macronutrients looks something like this.

65% fat

26% protein

8% alchohol

1% carb

I'd love to see this done over a longer period of time - Stefansson but with
a deliberate high calorie intake.  I know that during this week, he (the
experimenter) did 2 cardio workouts, HIIT iirc.

And a reminder that he was at a healthy weight to begin with, he didn't want
to lose any.  It may well have been water, who knows?  But he didn't gain
anything - but that's why I'd love to see a longer experiment.  Hmmm.maybe I
will give it a go.  No 4,000 cals for me though, I doubt I could get it all
in  ;)

Anecdotal, but still interesting.

Tracy