From:
Marsha in Texas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:53:08 -0500
I received this call for papers b/c I am a disability rights
activists [BTW, they don't serve paleo in jail] ,,, maybe
someone here can make this work to intrduce paleo to
some of these eggheads.  ]V[arsha in Texas

            CALL FOR "PAPER PARTICIPATION"!!!

This panel is part of the political ecology series of panels on
"Ecologies of Culture and Power."  The name of the panel is "Food
System Ecologies: Rights, Land, and Access."

"Food systems" are a relatively new way to analyze the political and
cultural economy of food, agriculture, and human/nature environments.
The panel offers an opportunity to looks at food systems ecologies at
the intersection of food security (variously defined along the lines of
rights and access), agricultural land security (variously defined in
terms of access, preservation, urban-rural spaces), and sustainable
livelihoods (variously defined by human and community diversity,
human-nature connections, economic and political security).

I am specifically posting this to geogable because the issue of access,
dis/ability, and related appropriate urban/rural infrastructures and
services relative to food systems are underscrutinized.  If anyone is
working on these issues, please contact me.

I am finalizing the panel in the countdown to the AAG deadline. Please
respond to me personally, as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Anni Bellows
(Geographer in..)
Dept. of Nutrition