From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:36:07 -0700
At 03:56 PM 4/18/99 -0400, Aaron wrote:
> Is it
>impossible to buy real currants?

If anyone has found real dried currants, I'd be happy to hear about it.

My solution is to grow them. Luckily Oregon suits them perfectly, but
I believe that they are not that hard to grow in many other places.

A whole bushful isn't really that many, so they will always be a treat
rather than a staple. Not as prolific as everbearing raspberries, for
instance. (I like "Amity" raspberries: lots of good berries all season
long, till frost, and hardly a thorn on the whole bush.)

Susan