From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:59:50 -0500
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:27:39 -0500 Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> Could you point out which these basic principles are?
> I recall "eat like naked with a sharp stick".
>
> > Someone then clearly points out both his
> >errors in facts, and his constant refusal to deal with facts...
>
> Could you please point out where my errors in facts have been?
>
> And which facts you think I'd "refuse" to deal with?

Yes Amadeus... naked with a sharp stick.  Yet you constantly persist in
trying to push back the date of the widespread use of fire by humans to
try to eliminate this requirement.  No matter what the actual date is,
the fact remains that, as Ray suggests, the human animal had evolved
substantially to its current state (particularly in terms of the
digestive system) BEFORE the use of fire.

You constantly propose the use of foods which would not have been edible
with no technology beyond the "sharp stick" stage, and when asked to
propose a realistic diet (using your theories), in any given environment,
which would have sustained a pre-technological human, you evade.  I have
personally posed that question to you at least once, and I'm sure I'm not
the only one, yet for all the megabytes of text you've posted to this
list, you have never provided that very basic, and necessary information
to support your position.

Therein lies both your errors in facts, and your evasions.

Personally, I would have no problem if you presented yourself as a
vegetarian (for whatever reasons), who wanted to explore ways to best
approximate a "paleo" diet within that restriction, admitting that no
pre-technological human could have long survived that way.  *IF* your
personal constitution can handle the "unnatural" (by paleo standards)
foods, then I personally have no problem with using the foods that
technology makes available, to give you the best results.  It's when you
constantly dance around and obfuscate, trying to imply refutation of
facts you can't directly dispute, that you really make me wonder both why
you're here, and why people keep engaging you in useless dialog.

Make no mistake... by all standards I think that your diet practices are
still superior to the "official" diet plans backed by the US Government
(and, I assume most European governments as well), and by the American
medical/nutrition, and food processing industries.  By constantly trying
to make the argument that they are in any way compatible with a true
pre-technological diet, you elicit no useful information, yet you take up
an awful lot of bandwidth in the process.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.