From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:56:53 -0700
Unless Alaska state law has changed recently, all salmon marked
"Alaska" must be ocean caught. The fingerlings may have been raised in
hatcheries and released to the wild, but once released, they're on
their own, presumably following their instinctive feeding habits.
Bumble Bee brand pink salmon is marked "Alaska" and it's only $2 per
14.75 ounce can (how can they measure that precisely???) in  Reno, NV,
Albertson's supermarkets.

I like to smoosh a third to half a can up with some chopped onions,
dill, and a couple of eggs and gently sauté patties in olive oil. For
my lean body mass, by the Protein Power calculation, one can of salmon
is enough for three or four meals, depending on how many eggs I use.
Canned salmon with mayo also makes a nice change from tuna salad,
though nothing can replace tuna salad on whole wheat toast with
lettuce, tomato, and plenty of salt. Forgive me for the euphoric
recall.

Bill