From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:25:48 -0400
I think it was Ken who said:

I suggested that it was always possible that the waitress had
accidentally given him caffeinated instead of decaf coffee, and he
replied "No
way, I would know" and I asked "How?" and he replied "When I drink
caffeinated coffee, I feel the stimulant effect right away" and then I
gently
explained to him that it took some minutes for the coffee to be digested
and
get into the bloodstream (at least 15-20 minutes AFAIK).

Ardeith writes:
I used to drink five or six pots of coffee a day.......If I went
without a cup of coffee for more than two hours, I'd get
a skull cracking headache.......but a cup of coffee would
banish that headache within minutes......not all that many
minutes either.......some doctor told me that the caffeine
constricts blood vessels......so when you don't have the
level of caffeine you are used to, the blood vessels swell,
which causes the "coffee headache".............

Walk The Path With Practical Feet!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.