Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:06:32 -0400
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:08 Kim Kline wrote:
>
>>I totally agree.  I am not even half way through it and it is
>> fascinating.

I haven't read the NYT review, so I can't comment on the particulars, but
"sloppily researched" doesn't fit at all.  If Taubes does what he accuses
others of having done for decades, i.e., ignore evidence that doesn't fit
his preconceptions, then that wouldn't be sloppiness; it would be
strategic deception.  I imagine the NYT reviewer mentions the inconvenient
evidence that Taubes ignores, so I guess the next thing would be to check
it out for myself.  It's also very possible that the NYT will offer Taubes
an opportunity to respond to the review.

I can't remember when I've seen a book for the general public as
thoroughly researched as this one.

Todd Moody