From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 07:57:24 -0400
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000 13:23:23 -0500, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  In many ways these feelings resemble drug dependency
>and may be linked to serotinin uptake in the brain.  For this reason they
>are often treated with serotinin uptake inhibitors such as Prozac or
>similar drugs.

Thank you for your kind care about my serotonin levels.
I can tell you that I've never thought about such drugs you suggest as i
am happy to have never experienced the problems attributed to serotonin
lack. Like insomnia, mood problems, anxiety, fibromyalgia,
and uncontrolled appetite with weight gain.

I am thinking about dietary naturally possible ways to increase serotonin
levels because it is said to enhance the vividness of dreams, and i am very
fond of the experiences that lucid dreaming can bring.
IMO a paleo-shaman experience.

In order to achieve that, the concentration of the amino acid tryptophan
has to be high in evenings. This can be accomplished best by not eating high
protein foods 2 hours before the evening meal, and/or increasing
carbohydrates in the evening meal. "Wombn" has compiled list of food items
with high tryptophan in relation to other carbs, which may be helpful too.
Btw: beef, porc and normal eggs are low, wild game , goose eggs, seaweed and
sesame are high in tryptophan/rest protein ratio.

This is another example, how wild food sources differ to domesticated
sources. Even in the protein combination.

>Of course limiting foods that cause excessive serotinin production such as
>grains, beans, potatoes milk and sugars may eliminate the problem.

You forgot fruit in your otherwise usual non-paleo list
(High carb serotonin enhancing paleo food - like dates).

I can't get your point. First, you speculate about  serotonin reuptake
inhibitors, then you suggest that i'd have excessive serotonin producion.

> Getting
>closer to Nature may also help you find inner peace and resolve your
>issues.
>I suggest hunting.

I prefer planting a amelanchier, cornus mas or a tree.
This donates outer and inner pleasure, which is lasting for years.
If you can find inner peace by having rabbits killed by your falcon,
or shooting a elephant with a high output rifle -- fine.
This is not my personal vision of inner peace.

Amadeus Schmidt
not related or related by marriage to neanderthals