From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:03:03 -0700
>It seems to me that the overlarge meal would be instinctually desired
>because it is converted to fat and stored for the time when famine hits
>or when food is scarce. >I believe a mechanism of protection, where people
don't have a "store
>fat metabolism", is developing in our species over a long period of time
>while those of us who have the "store fat" metabolism die off.
very good point . I must be at the tip of this evolution branch because i
never been able to make fat despite an enormous appetite all my life.
It give me  a clue about me using up the surplus in a chronic emergency
state ( glucose made available by hypersecretion of cortisone) and going in
hyperactivity. ( before my adrenal cortex colapse.)

>That is why I'm Paleo, to control my fat storage and live. Here my
>instincts would kill me so I have to deal with it intellectually.

My unability to make fat out of the surplus almost killed me too . What is
not a  naturel context ,for instinctive eating is the overabondance of food
all year round, this is  where the intellect can help the instinct to frame
its actions
>. Inside a frame work,  that mimic the naturel availability of food,  it is
safe to follow the instinct.
The context  ( set up intellectually) of only undenatured food and of the
naturel seasonal availability of food ( i am a farmer) help me tremendously
to regulate my food intake while following my instinct.
jean-claude