From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:22:24 +1100
1. Proteins are not all disassembled. eg Enzyme inhibitors, lectins. These
antinutrients have been specifically designed to act as poisons to pest
including animals. Enzyme inhibitors bind enzymes including proteases
powerfully. Lectins attack tissues. Some of these guys are destroyed by
cooking, some are not.

2. Beef- grain feeding has multiple adverse effects eg lower vitamin E-
farmers now have to add Vitamin E to feed so the beef doesn't go rancid so
quickly http://www.beef.org/librpub/perispec/vitamine.htm
Also the balance of fats w3/w6 is wrong, so are other things. So more fat
and more bad fat.
I doubt if there would be enough left over grain proteins in the beef to
really worry about- this would be a minor contribution to the big picture.

Ben Balzer
"The ideal diet for any animal is that which it eats in the wild. Humans are
no exception."

"Ask a dietitian or doctor how to lose weight and you'll be told to eat
bread, corn,
soy, cereals etc.. Ask a farmer how to fatten an animal and you'll be told
feed it bread, corn, soy, cereals etc. There is a discrepancy that needs
explanation."